Making the switch to natural beauty and skincare products can feel overwhelming!
THERE ARE A TON OF CHOICES ON THE MARKET, AND IT CAN BE A CHALLENGE TO FIGURE OUT WHICH PRODUCTS ARE ACTUALLY MADE WITH HIGH QUALITY, ORGANIC INGREDIENTS AND WHICH ARE JUST RIDING THE ECO-FRIENDLY AND NATURAL WAVE!
We’ve pulled together a quick list of our very favorite natural beauty products. These are products we actually use and love to recommend! Enjoy!
1. evanhealy Lemon Thyme HydroSoul evanhealy is an all-natural, plant based skincare line with many organic options and high quality ingredients.
This certified organic hydrosoul is refreshing, hydrating, and smells amazing!
Use it in the morning to wake up your skin and help with any blemishes, or before bed to help keep your skin hydrated and to absorb any access oils. You can get this, and many other evanhealy products at the Lakeview Whole Foods.
2. cockind organic chia facial oil From their website, “Cocokind is a certified organic and socially conscious skincare line that is based around virgin coconut oil and plant-based superfoods. ”
All of their products have five or less ingredients, and every ingredient is recognizable.
This chia facial oil is lightweight enough for daily use and extremely moisturizing. You can find cocokind at The Dill Pickle Food Co-op in Logan Square.
3. Zoe Organics Breathe Balm Breathe Balm is just what you need when combating colds, coughs, or even just seasonal allergies. It’s made with 100% organic ingredients, and comes in an easy to apply stick. Perfect for moms and kids alike! Head to Sprout San Francisco to try it out!
I’ve been on the search for an all natural deodorant that actually works, and Primal Pit Paste fits the bill.
It doesn’t contain aluminum or any other questionable ingredients (it only contains six ingredients!), and it works like a charm, even through our hot and humid Chicago summers. Once I discovered this product, their was no going back to the overly scented drugstore deodorants.
5. LUSH Montalbano Shampoo Bar
I know what your thinking, why a shampoo bar?
These amazing bars are concentrated shampoo that last way longer than the liquid stuff. A LUSH shampoo bar will last up to 80 washes! Another benefit? They’re easy to pack for traveling and won’t leak all over your other toiletries! The Montalbano bar is made with lemon juice, lemon oils, and fresh olives. It will leave your hair feeling clean & shiny, and smelling fresh!
6. Plant Apothecary GET HAPPY Organic Bodywash This stuff smells amazing and is super sudsy. It’s made with all natural and many organic ingredients. On top of that, Plant Apothecary partners with BKLYN UNLTD, a nonprofit organization that gives work to mentally and physically disabled adults! So not only will you feel good using this product, you will also be doing good. Plant Apothecary is available at several of the Chicagoland Target stores.
7.Conscious Coconut Yes, coconut oil. It’s really the best for moisturizing your skin and you can’t get anything more natural!
We love Conscious Coconut because it’s 100% organic and fair trade, and since it’s packaged in a squeezable tube, it’s perfect for traveling or just tossing in your diaper bag or purse!
Best of all, with every purchase, Conscious Coconut provides a meal for children through Feeding America food banks.
Cait Sobotka is baby concierge extraordinaire, office manager, and labor & postpartum doula at Chicago Birth & Baby.