Guide to Childbirth – January 2020
January 8, 2020 @ 7:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:30 pm on Wednesday, repeating until February 12, 2020
Strengthen your birth support team with our guide to childbirth class this January! Together with your birthing partner, learn about the process leading up to and throughout labor and birth, as well as what to expect in the early days with a new baby. Get to know other expectant parents; use this class as a starting point for you to build community as you begin this journey into parenthood.
This class will meet weekly on Wednesdays, for 6 weeks from January 8, 2020 through February 12, 2020.
Topics that we will cover in this childbirth class include:
- An in depth discussion of what to expect in each phase of labor
- The role of support partners and care providers during each phase of labor
- In depth discussion and hands-on practice of comfort measures including both natural and medical options
- In depth discussion of medical interventions
- Informed consent and what that looks like in labor and birth
- What to expect in the first moments and days after your baby is born
- Caring for your baby and yourself in the first weeks of parenthood
This class is taught by Shawna, Margarita, and Lauren.