- This event has passed.
Weekend Intensive Guide to Childbirth Fall 2020
September 26 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
One event on September 26, 2020 at 9:30 am
Taught by Steph Bour, our weekend childbirth class is the first 4 weeks of our Guide to Childbirth condensed into 2 weekend days, 5.5 hours each day. Together with your birthing partner, learn about the process leading up to and throughout labor and birth. Get to know other expectant parents; use this class as a starting point for you to build community as you begin this journey into parenthood.
Topics that we will cover in this childbirth class include:
- An in depth discussion of what to expect in each phase of labor
- The role of support partners and care providers during each phase of labor
- In depth discussion and hands-on practice of comfort measures including both natural and medical options
- In depth discussion of medical interventions
- Informed consent and what that looks like in labor and birth