This 3 week mini series is a combination of our Comfort Measures, Newborn Care and Feeding Baby classes. The cost listed includes you and your birth partner. You can choose to register for the complete series or for any combination of classes, a la carte, for $50 per class.
Week 1: You will get the scoop on coping with the intensity of labor through both medical and non-medical pain relief measures. We’ll cover positions for labor, techniques and tools you can use to enhance comfort, and the medications available for pain relief during labor.
Week 2: What really happens in those first few months with your new baby? We’ll cover:
- what to expect in the early days
- basic child development topics – infant development and how to respond to baby’s cues
- practical use knowledge – how to change a diaper & how, why and when to swaddle a baby
- sleep safety – where and how should infants sleep?
Week 3: Baby’s hungry, now what?
- getting settled in at home
- supply & demand
- different breastfeeding positions
- common issues that arise and how to handle them
- where to find professional support if needed