Strengthen your birth support team with our guide to childbirth! Together with your birthing partner, learn about the process leading up to and throughout labor and birth, as well as what to expect in the early days with a new baby. Get to know other expectant parents; use this class as a starting point for you to build community as you begin this journey into parenthood.
Topics that we will cover in this childbirth class include:
- An in depth discussion of what to expect in each phase of labor
- The role of support partners and care providers during each phase of labor
- In depth discussion and hands-on practice of comfort measures including both natural and medical options
- In Depth discussion of medical interventions
- Informed consent and what that looks like in labor and birth
- What to expect in the first moments and days after your baby is born
- Caring for yourself and your baby in the first few weeks of parenthood
Our 6 week class meets weekly on Wednesdays, from 7:30pm – 9:30pm.
In the case of a rollback in the City of Chicago or State of Illinois reopening phases where we can no longer safely hold class in-person, or if a class cancellation due to in-class covid exposure is necessary, class will move to a virtual format. There are no refunds.