Our weekend childbirth class is our tried and true comprehensive Guide to Childbirth, condensed into one weekend day with a one hour break for lunch.
Together with your birthing partner, learn about the process leading up to and throughout labor and birth. Get to know other expectant parents; use this class as a starting point for you to build community as you begin this journey into parenthood.
- An in depth discussion of what to expect in each phase of labor
- The role of support partners and care providers during each phase of labor
- In depth discussion and hands-on practice of comfort measures including both natural and medical options
- In Depth discussion of medical interventions
- Informed consent and what that looks like in labor and birth
Weekend intensive classes are taught by Pippin Mueller. All classes are currently available in person, with an option to call in virtually. For scheduling and logistical questions please reach out to Shawna: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the case of a rollback in the City of Chicago or State of Illinois reopening phases where we can no longer safely hold class in-person, or if a class cancellation due to in-class covid exposure is necessary, class will move to a fully virtual format. There are no refunds.